If you are experiencing clogged or slow drains in your home, you are not alone. Drain problems are one of the most common plumbing issues we address at Meetze Plumbing. This means you can rest assured that our team of plumbing experts will provide prompt, efficient clog removal services to get your plumbing system back in peak shape.
Untreated drain clogs can lead to larger, more expensive issues if they aren’t addressed right away — our team will quickly clear the way for water to flow freely before further damage ensues.
Reliable Sewer & Drain Cleaning
Whether you have a kitchen sink clog or main sewer line stoppages, we’ve seen it all! Our certified professionals use the most innovative equipment to resolve your issue fast! We have decades of experience providing drain and plumbing rooter services, and we know how to protect your plumbing system while we work. We will get your drain cleared the first time, guaranteed!
We Can Fix Any Clogged Drain
Our industry-leading plumbing technicians have the experience and expertise to fix virtually any clog you may be facing. Our extensive drain clearing services include:
- Clogged toilets, sinks, tubs, etc.
- Video camera inspections
- Sewer line replacement
- Wastewater or sewage backups
- Root infiltration
- Drain vent cleaning
- Rain leader drains
If you need fast, affordable, same-day drain cleaning services for your Columbia or Midlands home, contact Meetze Plumbing today! Give our friendly team a call at 803-732-3747 or conveniently schedule your appointment online!
Signs You Need Professional Drain Cleaning
If you’re unsure whether the state of your drains warrants professional drain cleaning, consider these seven signs of a serious drainage problem.
- Slow drains: If water always drains slowly from any drain, then you probably have a partial blockage down the line.
- Unusual odors: Do your drains smell bad, or do you frequently catch foul odors in rooms with drains like your bathroom or kitchen? Even if it’s not yet causing blockage, you probably have some sort of drainage problem developing.
- Frequent clogs: Clogs shouldn’t be happening on a regular basis, so don’t overlook it if it happens all the time but resolves soon. Frequent clogs are a sign of trouble.
- Gurgling drains: When drains gurgle, bubble, or you notice the water levels in your toilet change, it all points to one problem: air getting into parts of your drain it shouldn’t be in. This often happens because of blockages causing backflow to go where it shouldn’t.
- Multiple clogs: If several drains behave like they’re clogged at once, your main sewer line might have problems. This needs immediate professional attention, lest you end up with major damages.
- Increased pests: Even if you haven’t noticed odors or backflow yet, pests might have shown up for the water and other particulates. Fruit flies and other water-attracted pests can be a giveaway.
- Backup: If running water down one drain leads to water coming back up out of another drain, you need professional help quickly. This can cause serious contamination, illness, and property damage unattended.
Any one of these can be indicative of a drain problem; if you have more than one, or any severe manifestation of any of these, it’s time to stop delaying before your problem gets worse.
How To Prevent Drain Clogs
Clogs don’t happen for no reason at all. While some causes aren’t within your control, such as old pipes rusting and thus narrowing, others you can mitigate with maintenance and care.
- Don’t run fats, like grease or oil, down your drains.
- Avoid letting foods that expand go through your garbage disposal, like rice or pasta.
- Run hot water through drains regularly.
- Use strainers to catch hair and other debris in the tub or bathroom sink.
- Run baking soda and vinegar or an enzymatic drain cleaner (NOT corrosive liquid plumber products) down your drains once a month.
Your Columbia, SC Drain Clearing Experts
While you may be tempted to DIY clog removal using store-bought chemical drain cleaners, we highly recommend that you don’t! Chemical drain cleaners rarely remove the entire clog and can eat away at your pipes, leading to even more problems with your plumbing system.
Our team has the latest in drain clearing equipment, from motorized snakes to root cutters and more. There is no drain cleaning job that is too big or small for the licensed and certified experts at Meetze Plumbing to handle!