When winter rolls around and the temperatures start to drop, it’s nice to curl up by a toasty fireplace. Not only does it keep you warm, but it also creates a cozy atmosphere for you and your family to enjoy in your Columbia home. If you need gas logs for your fireplace, Meetze Plumbing can help! We offer a range of gas logs to help you stay warm all winter.
Visit our Showroom Tuesday through Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.:
610A Beltline Blvd.
Columbia, SC 29205
Or call Meetze Plumbing at 803-732-3747 to ask about our gas log selection!
Selecting Gas Logs for Your Fireplace
Our team at Meetze Plumbing will gladly help you select the appropriate gas logs for your fireplace. Our showroom is set up with all types of logs for you to choose from. Before making that decision, though, there are some helpful things to know when it comes to picking out gas logs:
- Fireplace measurements: Gas logs come in all different sizes, so it’s important to make sure they’ll fit in your fireplace. To determine this, you’ll need to take four measurements. First, measure the width of your fireplace at its opening. Then, measure the width of the back of your fireplace. Lastly, measure the height and depth.
- Type of fireplace: Gas logs are not meant to be used in gas fireplaces, with a few exceptions. The type of fireplace you have, whether it’s masonry, wood-burning, or another type, will determine which gas logs you can use.
- Fuel source: Most gas logs are used with either natural gas or liquid propane as the fuel source. If you don’t know which fuel source you’d prefer, our team will walk you through your options.
- Vented or ventless logs: The type of fireplace you have will help determine whether you should be choosing vented or ventless gas logs. Vented gas logs need to be used with the damper open, as they will direct exhaust out of your home. Ventless gas logs are designed to burn clean as they vent into your home.
If you need help with any of the above or have other questions, call Meetze Plumbing at 803-732-3747 or contact us online!
The Benefits of Installing Gas Logs
Making the choice to use gas logs is much easier when you know the benefits they offer. Understanding the benefits they offer will allow you to make an informed choice. At Meetze Plumbing, we can answer all your questions.
- No more hauling wood: No more time hunting, chopping, carrying, or stacking wood.
- Saves energy: It is much easier to control the amount of heat produced by the gas logs.
- Gas logs look real: Gas logs produce fire, just like natural logs. Flames flicker and dance in the same way.
- Eco-friendly: Gas logs release less carbon monoxide and produce fewer emissions than other furnaces or heating systems.
- Safer than wood: Unlike real wood logs, gas logs don’t spark or send cinders outside the fireplace. There is a lower risk of a fire in your home.
Columbia, SC, residents can benefit from using gas logs to help heat their homes. Call Meetze Plumbing today at 803-732-3747 or contact us online to learn more!
Meetze Plumbing Is Your Source for Gas Logs in Columbia, SC
At Meetze Plumbing, we’ve been serving Columbia, SC, and the Midlands area since 1981. Our years of experience allow us to deliver exceptional service in all that we do! When you need gas logs for fireplaces, gas log fireplace repairs, or gas log fireplace maintenance in Columbia, SC, make Meetze Plumbing your go-to source. We’re happy to walk you through your gas log options and help with your decisions.
Call Meetze Plumbing today at 803-732-3747 or visit our showroom to select your gas logs!