For all your drain, sewer, and rooter needs in Columbia and the Midlands area, speak with the drain and sewer experts at Meetze Plumbing. With four decades of experience and a level of service that’s second-to-none, you can rest easy knowing your drain or sewer issue will be resolved quickly when you choose our team.
From drain clog removal to sewer line replacement, we can handle anything. We’re available seven days a week, so call 803-732-3747 or contact us online today for fast service!
Our Sewer & Drain Services in Columbia, SC
Columbia Sewer & Drain Cleaning Services
With the latest camera equipment to locate your blockage and water jetting technology to remove your blockage quickly and efficiently, we can minimize any disruption to you and your family or business. We utilize advanced hydro jetting to blast clogs from sewer pipes when needed.
Sewer Line Repairs & Replacements for Your Columbia Home
When you have more than one clogged drain, there’s a chance that the issue lies in your main sewer line. Whether it’s a foreign object blockage, a collapsed pipe, or a tree root infiltration, our team can use sewer cameras to inspect the pipe, find the problem, and help you decide on a solution. If a section of the sewer line needs to be replaced, we can walk you through this process—we can even make new connections to city sewer lines!
What You Can Expect When You Choose Meetze Plumbing For Your Columbia, SC Home
Fast Drain & Sewer Service With Upfront Pricing
When you have a blocked drain or sewer emergency, we can be there fast, seven days a week, to expertly diagnose, assess, and repair the problem. With our transparent pricing policy, you’ll know the full price of the job before you give us the go-ahead to start. No matter how long the job takes, you only pay the quoted price—keeping you in control.
Our Professional Columbia Drain Specialists Guarantee Satisfaction
All our plumbers are fully licensed and insured with the experience and expertise to diagnose and repair all your drain and sewer issues professionally. We pride ourselves on providing you with the highest level of customer service and treating you and your time with the respect you deserve. We’re so committed to the customer service we provide that we guarantee it!
For quality drain and sewer cleaning, repairs, and new installations in the Columbia area, speak with the drain repair experts at Meetze Plumbing today. Contact us online or call 803-732-3747.
FAQs: Drain & Sewer Plumbing Services
Some of the frequently asked questions we receive include:
Can I unclog a drain myself?
Our plumbing pros use a camera and hydro jet for difficult drain clogs. We are also licensed to remove severe clogs by excavation, if necessary.
If you have one clogged drain, it’s worth a try to DIY (do-it-yourself). If you do:
- Don’t use a drain snake or any wires that can damage your sink, shower, or toilet. Your local plumber has a drain snake that is more effective and safer.
- Never use chemical drain cleaners. They seldom work and often worsen the problem.
- Use plungers; they’re called “plumbers’ helpers” for a good reason. They seal the drain, and the push-release vacuum can dislodge the clog.
- Pour boiling water down the drain; it may “shift” the clog.
- Use natural cleaners. Pour hot water down the drain, then add one cup of baking soda and one cup of vinegar. Wait about 10 minutes, then add more hot water.
If these steps don’t work or have more than one clogged drain, call us today to schedule service.
How do I know if my sewer line needs to be repaired or replaced?
As soon as you suspect you have a sewer line problem, you should schedule a plumbing inspection. We can use our sewer cameras to find the problem and come up with a solution. But if you’ve had more than one sewer line problem and already made several repairs, it’s time to consider a replacement.
Sewer line problems include:
- Bad smells inside or around your house
- Gurgling and/or backed-up toilets
- Increase in flies; signs of rats or mice
- Mold on walls
- Outside puddles/soft spots on your lawn
- Slow or no drainage
- Your lawn becomes greener/lush for no reason
Sewer lines have a life span. If your house was built in or before the 1970s, it might be time to replace your sewer line.
I never flush anything I’m not supposed to, but I have a sewer clog. Did I do something wrong?
External sewer line clogs can occur for many reasons. Sometimes, sewer line problems are due to:
- Age – Over time, the soil will shift and settle. Sewer lines begin to sag as they age.
- Roots – Tree roots naturally seek sources of water, so your sewer line is a prime target. Tree roots can crack and infiltrate external plumbing pipes and cause blockages.
- Utility workers – You should “call before you dig,” but even professionals can accidentally cause sewer line damage if they don’t know the location of the lines.
What’s the difference between a drain clog and a main sewer line clog?
A drain carries wastewater to the sewer line. Your sewer line is a network of underground pipes that carry wastewater to a disposal site or treatment plant. A drain clog usually affects one area (kitchen sink, bathtub, etc.). Clogs in the sewer line may show problems in several fixtures in your home.
A drain or sewer clog is nothing to ignore. It’s not worth the price you’ll pay in property damage and certainly not worth the risk to your family’s health. For drain and sewer services in the Columbia, SC area, contact Meetze Plumbing or call 803-732-3747.