A gas log fireplace can work efficiently for many years. They are energy-efficient and provide steady heat for as long as the fireplace is turned on. During its use, parts may start to wear out. Logs may begin to crack or become chipped. Meetze Plumbing offers same-day service when you call to report a problem with your gas log fireplace. We are open seven days a week, so you will always have the service you need when you need it.
Contact Meetze Plumbing online or call (803) 732-3747 today to learn more about our same-day service guarantee and how we can keep your gas log fireplace running efficiently.
Signs Your Gas Logs and Fireplace May Need Repairs
Over time, you will become familiar with how your gas log fireplace functions. When something goes wrong, you will be the first to notice that something isn’t as it should be. A few of the most common signs include:
- Won’t ignite or turn off: If your fireplace won’t turn on or off, there may be something wrong with your gas valve or the igniter. Call your technician right away to see if repairs need to be made or if your system simply needs a good cleaning.
- Flames are uneven: When you look at your fireplace, watch the flames closely. If they look uneven or if it appears that some areas of the logs aren’t lit, you may have a blockage in the gas feed. Having a technician check your gas line and the burner will ensure nothing major is wrong.
- Unfamiliar odor or smell: While it’s commonly said that natural gas has no odor, certain smells can indicate something is wrong. If you begin to smell an unfamiliar odor, you need to call the reputable technicians at Meetze Plumbing as soon as possible. Turn off the gas valve until the technicians arrive.
- Cracks or chips on logs: Gas logs that have cracks and chips may not be able to heat sufficiently. This may cause them to burst apart, throwing hot ceramic pieces throughout your room. Call your technician immediately if you notice any chips or cracks. Do not use your fireplace until the broken or damaged gas logs have been replaced.
- Unfamiliar noises: Snapping and popping noises are expected with a wood-burning fireplace, but not with gas logs. If you hear unfamiliar noises, turn off your fireplace and call a repair technician as soon as possible. You should also turn off the gas valve until the repair technician arrives.
Same-Day Repair Services
Meetze Plumbing offers same-day services to their customers who live in and around Chapin, Columbia, and Irmo. No matter what day of the week, you can call our office, and we will dispatch one of our highly qualified technicians to make the necessary repairs. We know how important it is for you to keep your family warm and cozy. This is why we ensure your repairs are made the same day you call.
Same-day service is one of our primary offerings. Contact Meetze Plumbing at (803) 732-3747 as soon as you notice any issues with your fireplace. We will be there right away!
Trust Meetze Plumbing With Your Gas Log Repairs
With over 40 years in the business, Meetze Plumbing offers same-day service and maintenance calls that you can rely on to keep your gas fireplace working as efficiently as possible. Our technicians have the training and experience you can count on for all your repair, installation, and maintenance needs. Don’t wait until you notice the signs of a breakdown; call and schedule an inspection appointment as soon as possible.
When you start noticing signs that your gas log fireplace isn’t working correctly, call the Meetze Plumbing repair technicians at (803) 732-3747 or contact us online!