How Does Water Filtration Work?
You want clean, pure water in your Columbia, SC, home. Residential water treatment services can clean your water beyond what local water treatment or well water can do. From hard water treatment to water filtration systems, Meetze Plumbing can help you find the right solution for your family.
What Is a Water Filter?
A water filter works to capture impurities and particles that could be in your drinking water. The filter helps reduce the possibility of contamination in your water.
There are three main types of water filters:
- Physical barrier: Uses a screen of tightly woven mesh fibers to trap particles and contaminants. The water passes through the barrier, leaving the impurities on the other side.
- Chemical process: Uses chemicals to kill living organisms in the water that could make you sick.
- Biological process: Uses good bacteria to control harmful bacteria.
For residential drinking water, physical barrier water filters are recommended. They eliminate bacteria and particulates rather than neutralize them. It gives you clean, pure, refreshing drinking water.
Investing in a residential water filter can help ensure that the water you drink is the safest for you and your family. If you have concerns about the chemicals used to treat your municipal water or the water quality in your home, a residential water filter may give you peace of mind whenever you turn on the tap.
How Do I Know if I Have Poor Water Quality?
Poor water quality is one of the main reasons homeowners invest in residential water filters. Luckily, the signs that your water quality is not great are clear. Some of the common signs of poor water quality include:
- Chlorine taste in water: While drinking small amounts of chlorine is okay, it is not healthy to ingest large amounts of chlorine.
- Bad-tasting water: Your water should not have a taste. If it does, there is something in your water.
- Clothes are dull even after laundering: Hard water or particulates will make it more difficult for your washing machine to get your clothes clean and bright.
- Your home is older: Older homes may have lead pipes or connections, which can leech into your drinking water.
- You have well water: Well water itself isn’t a problem, but pesticides and other chemicals can seep into your drinking water.
Installing Kinetico Water Filtration Systems
Kinetico water filtration systems detect particles like iron and other harmful substances in your drinking water. With both barrier filters and reverse osmosis systems, Kinetico has water filtration options that will suit your home, family, and lifestyle.
Kinetico also has point-of-use and whole-home filtration options to customize your filtration to your needs. The company offers superior product quality with long life spans. Plus, their systems can eliminate contaminants and solve hard water problems. At Meetze Plumbing, we proudly recommend and install Kinetico products.
Choose Meetze Plumbing for Water Filtration
Let Meetze Plumbing help you get the best water for your home with water filtration services. We believe in helping our customers understand their options, so you can feel confident knowing we’ll explain your choices and help you determine the best solution for your needs.
We will work with you to improve your home’s water quality. We have the experience and expertise to help you with your water filtration needs.