South Carolina homes are built to withstand extreme weather, like the rain that comes in the wake of a hurricane, but what about the path water takes inside? Most of our West Columbia homes were built between 1940 and 1969, and nearly a third of our properties were constructed between 1970 and 1999. This means much of our city’s residential plumbing is aging.
Meetze Plumbing has been serving West Columbia, SC, since 1981. We serviced your parents’ plumbing, and we’ll be here for your kids’ homes, too. What’s important is: We’ll be here when you need us.
When you need service for:
- Clogged or broken toilet
- Drains & sewer
- Garbage disposal
- Gas lines
- Leak detection & re-piping
- Faucet & sink installation/repair/replacement
- Sump pump maintenance/installation/repair/replacement
- Water heater installation/repair/replacement
- Water quality issues
…or any residential or commercial plumbing service, Meetze Plumbing is South Carolina’s best plumber.
Meetze Plumbing services any brand, make, or model of plumbing appliances and fixtures. But if you want to install a particular brand or plumbing appliance, we can help.
Plumbing installations include:
The most common plumbing repairs are:
- Clogged drains
- Clogged toilet
- Leaky faucets
- Low water pressure
- Pipe leak
- Running toilet
- Water heater issues
…and every plumbing issue requires a different solution.
Leak Detection & Repair
Leak detection can cost between $250 and $2,500 or more. We may use hydrostatic water testing equipment, infrared cameras, or even smoke testing to find the problem. We may need to get behind walls and under your house.
Signs you may have a leak include:
- High water bills – If your water bills are going up for no reason, it could be leak-related.
- Mold – If you see mold in an unusual area, it may indicate a behind-the-wall leak.
- Pooling water – Water pooled near an appliance or your water heater is from a leak.
- Stains – Water leak stains on your ceiling, in corners, or on flooring indicate a hidden leak.
- Water meter running – Turn off all the water in your house, then check your water meter. If it’s running, you may have a leak.
Water Heater Repair
If your water heater is 10+ years old, you should consider water heater replacement, not repair. Also, if you’ve repaired it twice in one year, replacing it might be more cost-effective.
Signs you need water heater repair include:
- Brown/rusty water – Sediment buildup can discolor water.
- Noises – Clanging or popping noises indicate a problem.
- Not enough hot water – It could be the heating thermostat or element.
- Odors – If your water heater has been idle, bacteria can grow and emit an unpleasant smell.
Drain Cleaning & Repair
Drain and sewer clogs are something every West Columbia property owner experiences eventually. Many are due to aging plumbing systems; most of our Lexington County properties are over 40 years old.
Types of clogs include:
- Multiple fixtures – dishwasher drains into the sink; toilet drains into the shower, etc.
- Toilet overflows/sewer backups
- Drain vent cleaning
- Rain leader drains
- Root infiltration cleaning
- Sewer line replacement
- Video camera inspections
Water Treatment Services
Hard water isn’t dangerous. It’s simply water with high mineral content. Your expensive appliances will deteriorate rapidly from hard-water buildup; your hair and skin will suffer too.
For most West Columbia residents, clean air and water aren’t merely options; they’re necessities. You’ll likely want water filtration for purer drinking water, but you need a hard-water solution.
Water filtration and softening are affordable and worth the expense: they will protect your plumbing, save your appliances, and increase property value. That’s a great ROI (return on investment)!
The Meetze Plumbing Difference
Plumbing problems can shut you down at home or work. When you need plumbing services, you don’t want to wait. You won’t have to wait with Meetze Plumbing.
In addition to same-day service, we offer:
- 24/7 service – If you think it’s an emergency, it is.
- Award-winning service – We’ve been recognized as South Carolina’s Best Plumber 4 years in a row. We have an A+ BBB (Better Business Bureau) rating.
- Experience – We’ve lived/worked here for over 40 years. We understand how our extreme weather can cause plumbing issues for Lexington and Richland county properties.
- Guaranteed installations — We provide written warranties on new installations and workmanship. It’s all part of the Meetze Plumbing Guarantee.
- Honesty – We built our plumbing business on trustworthiness and quality workmanship. If your plumbing problem won’t cause damages by waiting, we’ll tell you. If you need an affordable solution, please tell us.
- Professionalism – We take pride in ourselves and our equipment. We’ll take care of your property.
- Upfront pricing – Prices are upfront, and turnaround times are per job.
Our team of first responders will quickly assess your plumbing situation for a faster solution. We are the West Columbia commercial plumbing company with experience in residential plumbing, water heater service, and water treatment. Do you have questions? Call 803-732-3747 or contact Meetze Plumbing today.