From washing your hair to washing your dishes, your water heater gets a ton of use every day. With so much daily use, it’s a wonder that water heaters last so long! If your water heater is about 10 years old or older, however, you may need to start thinking about replacing it. Meetze Plumbing has been helping the Columbia, SC area with water heater replacements for over 40 years, so you know you can trust us to get the job done right.
If you’re in the market for a water heater replacement or water heater installation, call the trusted professionals at Meetze Plumbing! We’ll show up on time and get the job done quickly. Give us a call at 803-732-3747 or contact us online to schedule your service.
Gas Water Heater Installation in Columbia, SC
Each year, thousands of Columbia homeowners replace a water heater and install an energy-efficient gas water heater. Whether you’re switching from an electric water heater to a gas water heater or simply replacing an old, unreliable unit, gas water heaters offer several benefits:
- Easy installation. When you choose Meetze Plumbing to install a gas water heater, installation couldn’t be easier. We take care of the piping, the connections – everything.
- Affordability. After your heating/cooling systems, your water heater is your next biggest energy user, so you want an affordable water heater. Gas water heaters are as little as 1/3 the cost of some electric water heaters.
- Functionality. Gas water heaters replenish hot water more rapidly with a recovery rate as high as 50 gallons per hour, compared to 13 gallons per hour for electric water heaters.
- Reliability. Gas outages are far less common than electric service interruptions, so gas water heaters provide dependable hot water.
- Fast hot water. Gas water heaters heat water twice as quickly as electric systems. Enjoy more hot water in less time while using less energy.
Learn more about the benefits of installing a gas water heater in Columbia, SC by contacting Meetze Plumbing at 803-732-3747 any time.
Electric Water Heater Installation in Columbia, SC
Electric water heaters are tremendously popular in the Midlands, and installing a new electric water heater has several advantages for Columbia homeowners:
- Lower upfront costs. While gas water heaters may need additional piping and a new ventilation system installed, electric water heaters require virtually no new in-home infrastructure, making the installation process simpler, faster, and cheaper in most cases.
- Energy efficiency. Electric water heaters are incredibly energy efficient, which helps keep your utility bills down.
- Safety. You don’t have to worry about a gas leak or a blown-out pilot light when you install an electric water heater.
- Easy to install. Unlike gas water heaters, which require a connection to a natural gas line or propane supply source, an electric water can be installed with a modest amount of electrical wiring.
- Small footprint. Electric water heaters don’t require outside ventilation, so they require less space — perfect for homes with limited storage/utility areas.
- Long life span. Electric water heaters can last for years and are easy to repair and maintain.
Learn more about the benefits of installing an electric water heater in Columbia, SC – contact Meetze Plumbing at 803-732-3747.
Signs You Need a New Water Heater
As a responsible Columbia homeowner, you probably notice when things take a turn for the worst. While it’s easier to spot some failures than others, there are some pretty clear signs that your water heater is in need of replacement.
- Your water heater is old. Time flies when you’re having fun, but after about 10 years of reliable hot water, it’s time to start considering the replacement of your water heater. Many homeowners are tempted to wait until things start failing, but failed water heaters can cause damage to other parts of your home. For example, if your water heater starts to leak, it could ruin your floors if you don’t catch the leak right away. This is why it’s best to start considering replacement when your water heater is up there in age.
- Your water heater is leaking. As mentioned above, a leaking water heater is a telltale sign you need a replacement. Check to make sure the fittings and connections to your water heater are not the ones leaking. If they seem dry and good, then your water heater is the culprit and will need to be replaced.
- Your hot water is rusty. Rusty water could mean that your water heater is rusting from the inside out – which is not good. To make sure the issue is your water heater and not your pipes, drain your water heater into a five-gallon bucket. If you’re a few buckets in and your water is still rusty, then you know your water heater is the issue and not your pipes.
If your water heater fits with any of the above situations, call Meetze Plumbing to get a replacement. Our plumbing contractors will work with your schedule and are available seven days a week for your water heater replacement needs. Give us a call at 803-732-3747 to schedule your plumbing services in Irmo, Lexington, or West Columbia today!
Why Choose Meetze Plumbing for Water Heater Replacement?
Meetze Plumbing values your time. We know water heater services are not the most exciting, so we make sure to work with your schedule, so you experience minimal disturbance during your water heater replacement, installation, or maintenance. We’re honored to have been voted Best Plumber by the readers of The State newspaper for four years in a row, and we strive to continue delivering exceptional service to Columbia, SC. We’ll provide you with upfront, by-the-job pricing, so you’re not taken by surprise. We’ll also be sure to arrive on time and keep our work area tidy throughout the process.
We’re available any day of the week for Irmo, Lexington, and West Columbia, SC water heater services! Whether you need water heater replacement, repairs, or maintenance, we’ll get the job done quickly and efficiently. Call us at 803-732-3747 or contact us online today.