Your water heater, though not the most exciting appliance, is easily one of the most important appliances in your home. Every time you take a shower or go to clean with hot water, your water heater is hard at work. While regular maintenance can help with increasing the life of your water heater, repairs will eventually be required. When you do need repairs, turn to your local Columbia, SC plumbing experts at Meetze Plumbing for quick and efficient water heater repair services.
Does your water heater need to be repaired? Trust the professionals at Meetze Plumbing to get the job done right. We’re available seven days a week, so give us a call at 803-732-3747 or contact us online to schedule your service!
Gas Water Heater Repairs in Columbia, SC
Your gas water heater is a workhorse in your home. Because of all they do, gas water heaters require regular maintenance and repair. Some of our most common gas water heater repairs in Columbia and the Midlands include:
- Water temperature issues – These are typically the result of power shortages, malfunctioning water heater thermostats, or a faulty heating element. Sometimes the lack of hot water is a result of a faulty thermocouple or a faulty pilot control valve.
- Water heater leaks – These can be triggered by improper water pressure, bad gaskets, loose heating elements, or a faulty temperature and pressure relief valve.
- Discolored water – This can be sign of corrosion in the inside your water heater tank caused by a damaged anode rod.
- Abnormal noises – These are most often a result of sediment accumulation or problems with your water heater’s heating element.
Regular maintenance can help prevent most gas water heater issues. Call Meetze Plumbing at 803-732-3747 for immediate gas water heater repair in Columbia or to set up an annual gas water heater maintenance program.
Electric Water Heater Repairs in Columbia, SC
As one of the busiest appliances in your home, your electric water heater needs routine check-ups to keep it operating at its best. Common signs an electric water heater repair is necessary include:
- How water shortage – If your electric water heater isn’t replenishing hot water quickly enough, you may have an issue with a faulty water heater thermostat or a failing upper electric heating element.
- Discolored water – Sediment buildup in electric water heaters can turn water brown or reddish.
- Odors in your water – Sulfate bacteria can grow in your water heater tank if water has remained too long inside unused.
- Popping or clanking noises. Sediments or mineral deposits that accumulate at the bottom of your water heater tank can produce noise when your electric water heater is supplying hot water to your home.
Scheduling electric water heater repairs and an annual maintenance call will allow you peace of mind that your water heater is properly care for. Call Meetze Plumbing at 803-732-3747 to schedule repairs or a tune-up.
How to Check a Water Heater Before Calling a Plumber
The first thing you can check if your water heater isn’t working correctly is whether it’s being powered. Yes, even water heaters can trip a circuit breaker. If you have a water heater that’s powered by gas, make sure that the pilot light is on and steady. If you have an electric heater, make sure your heater hasn’t tripped the breaker.
The second thing you can do it to flush out your water heater. As mentioned above, mineral and sediment buildup is the cause of many problems. If the damage isn’t severe yet, you may be able to solve your issue by draining the tank. If issues persist once you drain the tank, call a professional plumbing contractor immediately.
Why Trust Meetze Plumbing for Water Heater Repairs?
Meetze Plumbing has been your trusted Columbia, SC plumber for nearly 40 years. We pride ourselves on arriving on time, keeping a tidy work space, and providing you the best service possible. Our technicians are friendly and knowledgeable, and will be sure to work with your schedule, instead of the other way around. We’re honored to serve the citizens of the Irmo, Lexington, and West Columbia areas, and we look forward to helping you with all of your plumbing needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Though water heaters are vital to our daily lives, most homeowners don’t know all that much about them. Our team is always happy to answer any question you may have about the water heater in your Columbia home.