Meetze Plumbing has been serving customers in the Columbia, Irmo, and West Columbia area since 1981. Our team of expert plumbers provides a full range of high-quality plumbing and water heater services, including installation, replacement, maintenance, and repairs for all types and brands of gas water heaters.
If you need a dependable plumber you can trust for gas hot water service in your Columbia area home, contact Meetze Plumbing today at 803-732-3747.
Benefits of Using Gas Water Heaters vs. Electric
- Lower Costs – Gas water heaters are less expensive to install, and they cost less to operate than electric water heaters.
- Increased Energy Efficiency – Gas water heaters heat water twice as fast as their electric counterparts. This means you get more hot water in less time, while using less energy.
- Reliable Service – Gas outages are less frequent than electric service interruptions, which means your water stays dependably hot.
- Fast Recovery – A gas water heater’s recovery rate can be as high as 50 gallons per hour, compared to about 13 gallons per hour for electric water heaters. Translation: You’ll get hot water faster with a gas model.
- No Need to Upgrade Electric Wiring – If your home doesn’t have 220v wiring for an electric water heater, you’ll need to hire an electrician before you can install an electric water heater.
Columbia-Area Gas Water Heater Installation & Replacement Services
It’s best to have your water heater installation and replacement services done by a licensed plumber. The plumbing professionals at Meetze Plumbing will ensure that your gas water heater is installed properly, which ensures your family’s safety and makes sure you have reliable hot water service throughout your Columbia-area home.
Gas Water Heater Repair Near Columbia, South Carolina
If your water heater is leaking, not heating as it should, or is making strange sounds, call the experts at Meetze Plumbing for gas water heater repair service. Our team uses the latest techniques and top-of-the line technology to diagnose and repair your gas water heating system quickly and efficiently with minimal downtime. It’s sometimes difficult to decide if you should repair or replace your water heater. A licensed plumber can explain your options more thoroughly, but here’s a good rule of thumb to follow:
- Repair your water heater if it is less than 10 years old and has been regularly maintained.
- Replace your water heater if it is more than 10 years old, leaking, or dispensing discolored water.
Gas Water Heater Maintenance in Columbia, SC
The typical life span of a gas water heater is eight to 13 years. Scheduling regular maintenance for your system ensures that you will get the most use out of your investment. Annual water heater maintenance usually includes:
- Pressure valve testing
- Flushing out the tank
- Lighting the pilot light
- Repairing small leaks, if needed
When you need gas water heater service in your Columbia, SC home, contact the trustworthy plumbing experts at Meetze Plumbing by calling 803-732-3747 any time. We’re here when you need us.